This Full Season 1 Westworld Soundtrack Follows An EP Of Selected Covers.
The Westworld soundtrack (Music From the HBO Series) for season 1 was released this past week by Watertower Music. The 34-track compilation set features original recordings by the Westworld composer Ramin Djawadi as well as covers of Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, the Cure, the Rolling Stones, Soundgarden and many more, all reinterpreted by Djawadi within the show’s saloon player piano aesthetic.
Ramin Djawadi beautifully covers Radiohead, Soundgarden, Amy Winehouse, Rolling Stones, Nine Inch Nails and others. As Pitchfork reports, the set includes previously released covers of Soundgarden, the Rolling Stones and the Cure, which appear on an EP featuring selections from the HBO series. A reworking of Radiohead’s “No Surprises” hails from the EP as well and the new soundtrack also features Djawadi’s interpretations of “Motion Picture Soundtrack,” “Fake Plastic Trees” and “Exit Music (For a Film).” Other covers include Nine Inch Nails’ “Something I Can Never Have,” Amy Winehouse’s “Back to Black” and the Animals’ “House of the Rising Sun.”
Stream the Westworld Soundtrack.
You can stream the entire album on Spotify and Tidal, or find it at retailers like iTunes and Amazon Music.
As you may know, in the Westworld series, an old time player piano plays modern songs, which are featured on the season 1 soundtrack. “What I love about that is it just comes out of nowhere and you don’t expect it at all,” Djawadi, who also scores Game of Thrones, said in an interview with Pitchfork. “You see the settings and the way people are dressed and even though you know it’s robots and it’s all made to be modern entertainment, you would think the people in control would make everything authentic, including whatever is being played on the piano.” Djawadi continued. “It’s such a powerful tool that music can do.”
Westworld Soundtrack And Season 1 Song List.
Music From Episode 1 The Original.
- Black Hole Sun – Ramin Djawadi
- Paint It, Black – Ramin Djawadi
By Rolling Stones
- Ain’t No Grave – Johnny Cash
Music From Episode 2 Chestnut.
- No Surprises – Ramin Djawadi
Music From Episode 3 The Stray.
- Peacherine Rag – Maple Leaf Ragtime Band
Music From Episode 4 Dissonance Theory.
- A Forest – Ramin Djawadi
By The Cure
- Pineapple Rag – Scott Joplin
- Carmen Suite No. 2: Habanera – London Philharmonic Orchestra & David Parry
Music From Episode 5 Contrapasso.
- Clair de Lune (Debussy) – Robin Alciatore
- Something I Can Never Have – Nine Inch Nails
Music From Episode 6 The Adversary.
- Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead – Piano Version
- Motion Picture Soundtrack – Radiohead
Music From Episode 7 Trompe L’Oeil.
- Rêverie, L. 68 – François-Joël Thiollier
Music From Episode 8 Trace Decay.
- House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals – Piano Version
- Back to Black – Amy Winehouse – Piano Version
- Swan Lake, Act I: No. 2 Valse – Philharmonia Orchestra, Efrem Kurtz & Yehudi Menuhin
Music From Episode 9 The Well-Tempered Clavier.
- Reverie – Noriko Ogawa
Music From Episode 10 The Bicameral Mind.
- Reverie, L. 68 – Ronan O’Hora
- Sweetwater – Ramin Djawadi
- Candy Castle – Glass Candy
- Someday – Ramin Djawadi
- Violent Delights – Ramin Djawadi
- Reverie, L. 68 – Ronan O’Hora
- Do They Dream – Ramin Djawadi
- Bicameral Mind – Ramin Djawadi
- Exit Music (For a Film) – Ramin Djawadi
- Reverie – Ramin Djawadi
Westworld concluded its freshman season this past Sunday. As we’ve pointed out, the series has been renewed for another 10 episodes and will return in 2018.